Sports massage can be used to improve athletic performance, speed recovery, and can be utilized by all individuals who participate in any athletic and/or exercise program to help improve conditioning, minimize movement pain and discomfort, and maintain peak performance. Many professional and collegiate athletic programs employ massage therapists. Sports massage has been sought for many years by athletes of differing backgrounds for multiple reasons. With the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines being very clear that activity is essential for people to be healthy, sports massage can be recommended to those individuals who participate in exercise programs as well as professional and collegiate athletes.
- Reduce muscle tension
- Promote relaxation
- Reduce muscle hyper-tonicity
- Increase range of motion
- Improve soft tissue function
- Decrease muscle stiffness and fatigue after exercise
- Improve exercise performance
- Decrease delayed onset muscle soreness
- Maintain maximal performance time in subsequent exercise tests when combined with active recovery from maximal exercise
- Reduce swelling
- Reduce breathing pattern disorders
- Enhance athletic performance
- May help prevent injuries when massage is received regularly
If you suffer from joint and muscle pain or always feel like you are stiff, inefficient and uncomfortable when active; FST is a MUST TRY for YOU.
Fascial Stretch Therapy™ is an assisted table-based stretching system that focuses on the fascial system as the key element in achieving optimal flexibility, strength, performance and pain relief.
It is a neuromuscular therapy that frees up your joints and surrounding musculature so you can move with more ease and less tension. Fascia is the connective tissue that surrounds and invests all structures of the body. The problem is that fascia will thicken and shorten when your tissues are under stress from poor posture, lack of movement, injury, surgery, disease or over-training.
FST™ can completely treat poor stuck over developed fascia at the deepest level – your joint capsule. We help to make your layers of fascia become more pliable and hydrated, so that your joint range of motion, muscle strength and flexibility immediately improve. This will make it easier for you to exercise and enjoy the freedom of movement.
- Improved speed, power, and work output
- Greater ease of movement (improved movement efficiency)
- Improved posture
- Reduction in muscle soreness and tension
- Reduced risk of injury – especially sprains and strains
- Release of endorphins to reduce stress
- Improved movement efficiency and therefore, increased mileage on your body
What to expect
Fascial stretch therapy sessions take place on a massage table, much like traditional massage therapy sessions. FST tables come equipped with comfortable straps used to stabilize the limbs that are not being currently worked on. This facilitates relaxation and enhances the effectiveness of the FST techniques. Also, clients should expect to participate with focused breathing & relaxation of all muscles – trust your therapist and simply let go.